We manage investments for private individuals, trusts and charities. We invest globally, across all markets and asset classes. We invest our own money in the same way as that of our clients.
We specialise in discretionary investment management, which means that we take over the management of your assets, investing them in a way that suits your specific requirements.
First and foremost, we need to know how much risk you are prepared to take and what you aim to achieve with your investment. This way we can design an investment strategy which fits you and is suitable for your needs. We then manage your portfolio in line with this strategy and report to you on a quarterly basis.
Our goal is to achieve growth in your assets ahead of the rate of inflation over the long term. We invest in the UK and internationally. We use funds (both investment trusts and open-ended funds) rather than invest directly for two simple reasons:
- Specialist expertise. Funds give us access to the most talented managers in any one market or asset class.
- Diversification. To achieve a high level of diversification which helps us keep your money safe.
There are several key characteristics that distinguish our investment proposition.
- A long term approach. We tend to buy and then hold the funds we choose for you for many years. This allows us to keep costs down and ensures we avoid being distracted by short term trends.
- Active management. We think that active managers, who do not simply aim to track the market, and who have the discipline to invest for the long term, can produce superior returns.
- Global investing. We invest globally to make sure that we are able to take advantage of the opportunities on offer around the world, rather than just those in the UK.
We don’t obsess about tracking market benchmarks and we assess the downside risks of all our investments as much as the upside.
Administration and reporting
Rossie House decided early on to concentrate on investment and service to our clients and therefore to outsource the administration. It is vital that client assets and cash are absolutely safe. We use Platform Securities LLP (which is owned by the US S&P 500 company, FIS) to hold our clients’ assets in their nominee name. They are responsible for the safekeeping of securities and cash and the settlement of transactions, as well as for producing contract notes and statements.
Detailed investment reports are sent to clients quarterly. At the end of each tax year a consolidated tax statement is produced and can be sent to you and/or your accountant.